The Rehabilitation and Sports Association of People with Handicaps in North-Rhine Westphalia invites visitors to the REHACARE Sports Center in hall 7a to inform themselves about the variety of disabled sports and to try out different types of sports directly on site.
• Bicycles, handbikes, tricycles Click here for exhibitors
• Sport wheelchairs and allterrain wheelchairs Click here for exhibitors
• Sport equipments, winter sport equipments Click here for exhibitors
• Tandems Click here for exhibitors
• Schwimmimg aids Click here for exhibitors
• Toy devices, gymnastic equipments Click here for exhibitors
• Friday, 10:30 am: Basketball tournament, 1st game
• Friday, 12:20 pm: Cheerleading with Specials Needs, WfMmB Duisburg, afterwards basketball tournament, 2nd game
• Friday, 01:30 pm: Basketball tournament, 3rd game
• Friday, 02:45 pm: Basketball tournament, final game
• Saturday, 12:55 pm: Show wheelchair basketball with celebreties and professionals
• Saturday, 02:20 pm: Basketball inklusive – BSG Oberhausen-Sterkrade
• Wednesday, 02:15 pm: Department table tennis BRSNW
• Wednesday, 04:00 pm: Department table tennis BRSNW
• Thursday, 04:25 pm: Department table tennis BRSNW
• Friday, 13:15 pm: Department table tennis BRSNW
• Saturday, 10:20 am: Tournament, 1st game
• Saturday, 11:15 am: Tournament, 2nd game
• Saturday, 12:30 pm: Tournament, 3rd game
• Saturday, 01:40 pm: Tournament, final game
Is a prosthesis an advantage? Researchers at Bournemouth University in England try to answer this question. During the past few months, the "Markus Rehm case" has attracted a great deal of attention – and criticism in Germany.Click here for the article
Competitive sports with and without disabilities: Alone instead of together?
As a Paralympic discipline, sailing is being dropped. The decision of the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) to eliminate sailing from the 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games is not just a bitter pill to swallow for athletes.Click here for the article
"Sailing is the most inclusive sport"
Professor Ulrich Hartmann, Director of the Institute of Movement and Training Science II, Faculty of Sports Science, University of Leipzig and scientist Alexandra Wippich monitor a research project on a pool wall warning system for blind swimmers. Click here for the interview
"We expect fewer injuries of blind and visually impaired swimmers from our pool wall warning system"
Together strong at the Special Olympics
• Wednesday, 11:00 am: Judo presentation with Judokan Hünxe
• Wednesday, 12:20 pm: Encounter on the mat – Judokan Hünxe
• Thursday, 10:00 am: Judo tournament
• Wednesday, 03:45 pm: Women's soccer, Lebenshilfe Bocholt
• Friday, 03:40 pm: Badminton
• Saturday, 11:35 am: Kids – Fit for the trampoline
On Saturday at 3 pm there will be a huge and colorful final show on stage in the Sports Center.