In 1954, Walter Haverich, senior create a small
production plant for building bicycleframes. In 1960, the famous
Haverich tricycle with detachable rear axle was introduced. In
1979 the demand for cycles, individual parts and cycles for
the physically challenged grew to a point that the firm
constructed a modern manufacturing plant on Striegauer Street.
The plant area occupies 12,000 square meters. In 1988 the
plant had been enlarged up to 4,500 square meters.
In 1990, the firms founder, Walter Haverich, senior died. His
three sons continue the enterprise with the same philosophy.
Just as with “The Original Team”, todays coworkers, working
in ultra-modern production plants, carry on the tradition of
quality, building products that improve the mobility and rehabilitation possibilities for physically challenged individuals.
Haverich adaptive cycles have enjoyed a good reputation over
the past 5 decades in the field of physical and rehabilitation
therapy. The first Haverich adaptive cycles were developed in
co-operation with the University of Münster, orthopedic
clinic. They were first used in the rehabilitation of
patients with poliomyelitis. Today, their use is not
confined to the rehabilitation facility but they are
found general use outside of the hospital.
The exercise of cycle riding has
particular benefits for individuals
with cerebral palsy as it improves the muscle tone.
All Haverich cycles, including tricycles, therapy bicycles
with stabilizers or any one of our specialized line
contribute to the independence and mobility of the
challenged user. Each of our cycles is constructed with
the specific needs of the used in mind. Body size, weight
and specific limitations are critical factors when selecting
the proper cycle. Proper design contributes to the success
of the therapy program and the security of the user.