Towards Tourism for All
From the need to build an involved society and general economic and social value, in Handisport we have launched in 2012 the area dedicated entirely to accessible tourism from where we advise, train and train our customers in everything related to universal accessibility, treatment and communication towards people with disabilities and design for all, always framed within accessible tourism. What is Handitur?
Handitur is the new integrated area within the Handisport Foundation dedicated to the promotion, training and development of accessible tourist destinations.
Founded in 2012, it was founded by tourism and disability professionals with more than 10 years of experience in the field of advice, training and implementation of accessible tourism projects.
Handitur arises from the real need for a comprehensive adaptation of a tourist destination to the circumstances of society in general as well as to the demand for specific tourism. Why accessible tourism?
- Tourism for all is about freedom of movement and accessibility of a destination for people with permanent disabilities, with special needs resulting from evolution (old age) or temporary circumstances (pregnancies, parents travelling in strollers, temporarily injured people).
- In Europe alone some 37 million people suffer from a disability, and taking into account all these circumstances, temporary or permanent, we find that we are benefiting some 120 million people with disabilities and elderly people.
- In the midst of a process of globalizing change where opportunities are just around the corner, the union of efforts in favor of the differentiation of a destination, environment or situation is indispensable.
Inclusive tourism can be defined as the set of experiences offered in tourism that can be enjoyed by all people, including those with special needs due to physical, mental and/or sensory disabilities.
Inclusive tourism should provide access for all, allowing people with special needs the possibility of living tourism independently, with equity and dignity, through the design of tourism products as well as the services and environment associated with it.
Handitur is the area from which we approach inclusive tourism in different areas:
- Health tourism. Rehabilitation through sports activities.
- Long stays
- Sports Multiactivity
- Specialized courses
- International Tournaments
- Attendance at INTERNATIONAL FAIRS: REHA, IRMA, STIMMFAIR, NAIDEX, WTM, ITB FITUR,...
- organization of international forums
- Elaboration of tourist packages for everyone
- Destination development
- FAM TRIPS
- PRESS TRIPS